Dear WSA Members,
Please be advised that the AGM of the Wellington Sakai Association is to take place on Friday 21 September 2018 at 5:30 pm at WCC Committee Room #2.
WSA has organised a subsidised dinner for our current financial members. WSA will subsidise each financial member by $10.
This dinner will take place after the AGM at TATSUSHI Japanese restaurant, 19 Edward Street, Wellington.
Please RSVP to this address by Wednesday 19 September if you wish to attend.
Please note that subscription fees for WSA membership are now due, and are valid from 1 July 2018 to 31 June 2019.
If you would like to continue to be a member please fill in the online form available at: http://www.wellingtonsakai.org/membership/
or fill out the written form as attached in this email and send it to this address.
WSA prefers payment by internet banking but you can also bring cash on the night of the AGM.
I have attached the following documents with this email:
1. Formal notice of the 2018/19 Annual General Meeting and Agenda.
2. The Minutes of the 2017/18 AGM held on 18 September 2017, for confirmation.
3. Nomination Form for WSA Committee and Executive.
4. Copy of the WSA Constitution as of 7 November 2015.
5. WSA 2018-2019 Strategic Plan.
6. WSA 2018-2019 Business Plan.
7. WSA Financial Report 2017/18 (draft).
The 2018/19 WSA Executive and Committee consists of the following members:
- President - Frances Yamada
- Vice-President - Katy McTeigue
- Secretary - Mie Youngson
- Treasurer - Kumiko Sato-Jacolin
- Committee - Esther Harrison, JJ, Aiko Collins (Wellington City Council ex officio).
Nominations for the Executive and Committee are due by Friday 14 September. Nominations received will communicated on Tuesday 18 September.
Nominations can also be made from the floor during the AGM. If possible, please provide a 100-200 word biography of the nominee with the nomination form.
This will be distributed to members along with the confirmed list of nominations prior to the AGM.
WSA would always like to increase our membership, and welcome more members to join our committee.
Hope to see you all at the AGM and at the dinner following.